Friday, July 23, 2010

A Letter From Xocoatl


Farewell, my lover, champion of pure intentions,
Who presented fairytales in wanton versions.
For me, you’re still a deity, but now of nuisance,
I fervently bid you a joyous, good riddance.


You’ve lost the sensation of being moved to tears,
You appear so fragile yet you do not have fears.
Indeed you are on your way to losing your soul,
In fabulous raiment, a presentable ghoul.


What is it you see when you look in the mirror?
Is there a bright halo above your head my dear?
Perhaps a creepy shadow lurking at your back?
Who’ll stay behind you till your clock’s last tick and tock.


But before I finally say my last adieu ,
For good times’ sake, and as always, I’ll pray for you.
May you soon recover that thing called inner voice,
The one that will guide you in making the right choice.


June 30, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment