Sunday, August 22, 2010

I. HATE. YOU.

I.
The ninth letter of the English alphabet
Pronoun, first person, pertaining to the self or ego
Derived from the Old English word “ic”, Noah Webster says
The symbol for moment of inertia - oh, in Physics I’m a mess
“I” can not stand alone, grammatically speaking
Yet I, always am alone, isn’t that boring?
It’s just I, there’s no more “us”, there’s no more “we”
It’s just I, who’s in pain, can not you see?
And I, will never matter to you, for it’s just I
I hate you.

HATE.
A noun
Intensely hostile aversion, compounded of anger and fear
Etymologically, from the words “hatian” and “hete”
Hate is the word the word love would love to hate
But for me, simply the summary of what I feel for you
Before, I hated myself for the times I’m starting to hate you
Then I hated myself for not hating you from the very start
Now, I hate myself for I can’t stop hating you
But why hate myself, if I could just hate you?
I hate you.

YOU.
Pronoun, second person, singular and plural
Defined as “to whom one is speaking”
Derived from the Old English word “ēow”
Webster says so little about you so I’ll add my piece too
It’s always you, never me
It’s always you and your face so pretty
You make my blood pressure go up, my defenses crumble down
You will never be mine because for you, it’s not just me
There’s always “us”, there’s always “we”
I hate you.

August 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment