Sunday, August 22, 2010

Under the Microscope

With light directed and concentrated on me
I tried to move out of the slide very weakly
But as a minute object under scrutiny
Escaping the vast glass would take eternity

The glass heavens above is covered usually
By eyes of the storm that see good in nobody
Endless, thunderous jeers can be heard vividly
Violent, gusty blows riddled with mockery

On the verge of losing hope, I paused and looked up
I knelt, I prayed for all these agonies to stop
Suddenly, a greater light was focused on me
So great, yet so gentle, that it made me feel free

The glass heavens collapsed, a bright sky was revealed
Love, faith, hope and forgiveness, in me was instilled
Because of shame, awe, but most of all, joy, I cried
Before me is The One who, for everyone, died

I woke up with warm tears still rolling down my face
And with my heart filled with His overwhelming grace
Under the microscope, forever we won’t be
But He, will stay with us, for all eternity

August 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment