Sunday, August 22, 2010

In Our Orchard

(inspired by In the Orchard of Muriel Stuart)
areljiar & waydiem


Girl:
I thought that night I saw love in your eyes
But now it turned out you’re as cold as ice
Please tell me that what you said is untrue
Or else I will be doomed, forever blue.

Boy:
Oh girl I never said that I love you
Though that night you stood out, yes it is true
When Ceres shone and let you lead the show
Who would not be seduced by one aglow?

Girl:
I know that boys forever will be boys
And you can’t help but see us girls as toys
That you are not like them, I did assume
I pictured me and you as bride and groom.

Boy:
Sometimes it’s good to have someone to hold
To love and promise things never been told
But girl it is not love I feel for you
Let’s now part ways and bid our last adieu.

3rd year, 2nd Semester (Creative Writing)

No comments:

Post a Comment